Sunday, September 24, 2006

Advisors and otherwise

I had a meeting with my advisor the other day. We were talking and he made a comment that was along the lines of "Rachel, I sometimes feel you're intimidated to talk to me and tell me when things are going wrong or when you don't understand things; is this true?" (imagine that said in a Belgian accent) He got distracted by something glacier-related, so I didn't have to answer. But I really wanted to say, "I think basically everyone in the department feels that way about you," but I didn't because, truthfully, I'm really damn intimidated by him.
Also, cyclocross is going to be great this year. For one, the racing is fun and competitive. But, also, I love hanging out with other people's dogs. Dogs! This is a sad but true part of my existence. Dogs are awesome, especially the well-trained, friendly, Seattle dogs. That, and they don't intimidate the hell out of me like so many other situations do.

No comments: