As I apparently am still on PST, I can't get to sleep. Here are some thoughts on my home-town that may or may not make sense to anyone but me:
Why on earth did noone bother to tell me that there is a new Gabe's? This is almost as important as Dairy Queen moving across the street, about which many, many people informed me. And yet I heard nothing until I went to the sad, pathetic old one and then had to drive all over tarnation just for a $15 dress.
On that topic, I seem to base my Morgantown geography on things that used to be. Reference points include the old mall, the old Gabe's (the old, old Gabe's, not the current old one at the old mall), my old elementary school, the old barn (which hasn't existed for at least a decade), and probably some other old things. I guess given that I only come back twice a year, it actually makes sense to do this as the new things in town confuse me. Gelato and bubble tea! What the hell, West Virginia?
Also, "they" destroyed my favorite parking spots! There were a bunch of trees overlooking the back part (the 10 hour part/25 cents per half hour part) of the library parking lot that provided shade on 91 degree summer days. And now it's rental house parking or something just as lame.
And, seriously, while it might be necessary for survival to some extent, humidity is so on my list of things that I don't like.
And now I sleep in the hot, hot heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment