I was in Chicago from Thursday night to yesterday. It was the most time I've ever spent in the Midwest, and it was super, super flat. But it was a fun trip. I got to see some friends from high school who have spread to the rest of the country. And I got to see my sister and her daily life. We walked around a lot of the neighborhoods, saw some touristy stuff, went to the zoo, had some good food, went into some great stores for things like clothes, books, and cds. I really like visiting places where I know people, so I don't just have to wander around, not knowing where to go. I didn't take that many pictures, but here are some of them from my more touristy day.

Statue in honor of the "first self-sustaining controlled nuclear chain reaction;" the physics major in me was excited (U of Chicago)

Looking South, I think, from the beach (Jackson Park?) in Hyde Park

The bean or Cloud Gate and a reflection of downtown Chicago (Millenium Park)

Me reflected in a fairly smudged bean
No comments:
Post a Comment