Monday, November 17, 2008

More cross

Group Health took 1st and 2nd at the WA State Cyclocross Championships for the cat 3 women. I got a silly "silver" medal. It was great weather (50s and kind of sunny); I actually got so hot during the race that I had to toss of my gloves. Another woman and I were racing for 2nd for about 80% of the race, until she dropped her chain, and I was able to keep her away. I was surprised at this, as it was a fairly flat, not technical race, lots of grass and pavement, and I tend to prefer courses exactly not like this. We were also missing some of the people who normally place really well, but a 2nd place is a 2nd place.
West Virginia is in the news again, once more for something negative: WV town shrugs at poorest health ranking. Apparently, Huntington, WV is the least healthy (high rates of obesity, heart disease, diabetes) town in the US, but no one there cares.

No comments: