Well, Thanksgiving went well. Unfortunately, my bike race yesterday (last one of the series) went awful, as in bursting-into-tears-after-the-race awful. I just couldn't corner at all and got passed by way too many people. I think it was about 50% tire pressure and 50% me just sucking. I was shooting for top 5 in that race, ended up in 7th. If I had finished any higher, I would have taken 4th in the series, but instead I was in 5th by 3 points, not that it really matters in the end. I'm actually pretty sad that the season is over and that it ended on such a bad racing-note for me. We' aren't doing Portland, and I have no idea if I'll do Kringle-cross, as it's the day before I leave for AGU, so everything is pretty much over.
Despite my race going to shit, I was still rather lucky. I won a pair of Northwave shoes which will replace my beloved Specializeds that are truly in need of replacement. I also won a full Thule bike rack + two bike holders (or a 4-bike hitch rack, but that's not really useful on a Civic). I'm still trying to decide what to do with it, as I love my distinctive orange and blue RockyMounts. Chris finished in 11th in the 1/2s, which was actually a cash prize. So, we didn't come out too badly for my race being awful. This is all at the offset of losing my long-sleeve Craft baselayer at a previous Wednesday night cross practice. I couldn't go the night before Thanksgiving, so I wasn't able to see if it had been found. If anyone knows Wick's email, it would be super to email and see if he found it. But I guess a pair of shoes and a bike rack top a base layer, maybe.
I'm going to post some T-day pictures eventually, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment