Monday, January 12, 2009

Rides and pasta

I went riding for the first time since the last Seattle Series cross race. This actually included mountain biking on Saturday, which I haven't done in over a year. It ended up being more gravel trail riding because I was stuck in the no-where-land between the first and second group and missed the turn for the single-track. But I didn't get desperately lost or anything, though I ended up ahead of the first group and spent the rest of the ride trying to hang on so that the same thing wouldn't happen again. Sunday, I started with my team and then broke off did a nice relaxing ride around Mercer. It was good to actually get some exercise. My sleep has been awful lately, and I think being active will be helpful.
So, anyway, this riding made me hungry, and I was having a potato gnocchi craving, so we went to Mamma Melina's in the U-District. I used to not like this place for the only reason that there were often large groups of frat boys in semi-formal dinner dress who would be loud, but I really like it as a decent comfort-food Italian place, though there is always a special place in my heart for Bizarro(s?) in Wallingford, but it's a bit more of a special day restaraunt. We found out that Mamma Melina's uses Cucina Fresca pasta, which is pretty cool.

No comments: