Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Motivation, where is it?

Things have been busy, which is probably no surprise.  I've been pretty unfocused, too, which is very annoying.  The flu that I had almost two weeks ago has caused this residual cough that just won't go away.  The doctor's advice was to wait it out.  Awesome.   Of course, this combined with our sub-Arctic conditions have made it hard to be really into racing right now, so my first race of the season will probably be in a couple weeks.  Then I'll go to Austin, TX for a research meeting, then Chicago for my mom's birthday. 
This weekend should be enjoyable, however.  I'm going to be leading workshops on glacier flow at the SEYH Girls in Science Conference, which is always fun.  And the Marymoor Auction is that night.  I almost always enjoy a reason to dress up.  And maybe seeing track people will motivate me more for biking because that has been very low lately.       
I am hopefully attending a "Getting Motivated Seminar" on Friday, which focuses on graduate students' motivation and balance.  Hopefully, this will provide some use, too.

No comments: