Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Waiting for the break

This week is AGU, so I'm somewhat alone in my office, though 2 of my office mates are still here. But they aren't in right now, so it's almost like this whole office is mine.
I really can't wait until the winter break (specifically Chris's winter break). While my stress levels haven't been awful, high school students' needs never let off. Despite next week being the break, I still have quite a few presents to finish. I'm working on two scarfs and my mom's socks right now. I need to get one of the scarfs finished so that I can start Chris's dad's scarf. At least this is the year of bulky knitting, so things are coming together quickly. I also started making a stocking for either Chris or I. It depends who likes it more, but I will make a second with whatever yarn I have left over. I'll put up some pictures soon, I hope.
I'm going to get my hair professionally colored on Thursday. I've always done it myself, but I'm easing out of the bleached bangs and into something (hopefully) more interesting and different. I'm oddly way more nervous about this than I should be. There should be pictures of this after it happens, too.
Oh, we rented the new Star Trek movie. It was better than I expected, as I had thought the whole time-travel/alternate-reality arc might be too weird. But it was good.

No comments: