Thursday, August 5, 2010

A dog named Murdoch

From Westport Bound

After a weekend of fun mountain biking at Duthie (which was awesome to ride and play around the infield) and a trip to Westport, WA (where I made friends with a black lab named Murdoch), I've been getting my running in. I haven't been doing any biking during the week, seriously, for the past couple months, so the running is just bonus.
Monday evening: 4.8 miles in about 50 minutes
Thursday morning: 5.4 miles in about 55 minutes
I actually registered for the half marathon on Labor Day. I need to work up to at least 10 miles before then. I think it shouldn't be too difficult. I've felt good after my runs, though this morning I was a bit slow to start. I'm definitely doing 10 minute miles, not too fast, but I think that will get better as I figure out this whole regularly running thing. I'm going to try for 6-8 miles in one run this weekend, probably Sunday. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: