Thursday, September 8, 2005

Aging

I gave in to the blogging something, but this was cool.

20 years ago I... (1985)
1. started reading, kind of
2. got this scar underneath my eye when I took a toy away from one of my family's dogs, and it scratched me
3. witnessed (or not) the birth of my sister

10 years ago I... (1995)
1. started growing out my (horrible) bangs
2. bought my first pair of pants that weren't from the girls' section
3. really was not ever in that good of a mood

5 years ago I... (2000)
1. moved to Maryland for college, kind of
2. met Chris, not knowing I'd probably be with him forever
3. had a really weird summer

3 years ago I... (2002)
1. realized how much I really disliked physics
2. started taking geology courses
3. rode a road bike for the first time

1 year ago I... (2004)
1. moved to Seattle
2. started grad school with no clue what I was doing
3. was in New Mexico for 6 weeks

So far this year I... (2005)
1. found research that is actually cool and interesting
2. went to Alaska
3. had it finally sink in as to how far across the country Seattle is from WV

Yesterday I...
1. edited my proposal
2. spent way too long looking at myspace
3. complained about my proposal

Today I...
1. edited my proposal
2. talked to my advisor, who is in CA, on the phone
3. helped Chris find his way when he got lost on a bike ride, over the phone

Tomorrow I will...
1. edit my proposal
2. have some beer
3. complain about my proposal some more

In the next year I will...
1. actually get some research going
2. get married and thus acquire more kitchen stuff
3. officially join a bike team

No comments: