Sunday, December 17, 2006

What else? (from Myspace blog)

Computer is back, which is very good. AGU went smoothly, though 5.5 days was way too long to be thinking about science. Cripes! I was going crazy by the end. Though I spent most of the last day, when not in my research groups boring-ass meeting, at my brother and sister-in-laws (whoa). There's a bike shop near there that's expensive and single-speeded out, but it's so hot. Total rainbow of velocity deep-Vs in stock!

I did this poster presentation, very middle school science fair if it matters at all, and it went for ever (or 1:40 to 5:30, whichever comes first). I got a beer (free at 4) at about 4, and then was told that it was impressive that I was keeping up my enthusiasm in explaining my poster time after after. Thank you Mr. alcohol. Then, as I'm tearing down at 5:30, my advisor strolls up, completely missing my session. It's so very classic.
Back to WV soon, though a fair amount of time will be spent in Pittsburgh because a certain sister is graduating from college, which tends to be a bit of a big deal. Way to keep up the average college attendance length Headleys! Now to super-extend that with graduate school...
I need to get some pictures from the last cross race. I'm interested in seeing how a) muddy b) hurting and c) pissed-off I look in them. I'd also love the podium shot. Bronze cow bell!

No comments: