Monday, April 27, 2009

Beer, bikes, and ice cream

I just finished off a great IPA: Ninkasi (Eugene, OR) Total Domination IPA, which I found on sale at QFC (owned by Krogers for those WVians, and I still use my parents' Kroger card). I might have to try and find that brewery on the weekend of my sister-in-law's wedding, which is down, outside of Eugene. Hooray beer!
This weekend, I did the Vance Creek Road race, which I truthfully think is the longest race that I have ever finished at a whopping 52 miles or so. I actually finished behind the pack (DFL, in fact) but had been in a small break for a bit (a couple miles) and did a fair amount of other work, so I actually feel pretty good about it. It looks like I'll do Longbranch this weekend, which is a civilized 45-ish, and I will pray for track to come sooner so I can get my short-attention-span racing in. 2+ hours is just a pain (quite literally) in the ass.
Oh, and I had a Seattle first: I finally got to Molly Moon's (homemade ice cream), which I haven't been to yet even though it's IN my neighborhood and only about a 10 minute walk away. It definitely wasn't the cheapest ice cream, but the serving sizes were HUGE! I had the balsamic strawberry and the ginger ice cream, and they were both amazing. The balsamic strawberry was just really different, but it was amazing. And the ginger was perfect in that it was not in-your-face ginger but a bit subtle. Chris raved about the coffee and also had the scout mint, which I think is adorable because they bought their thin mints from local girl scouts. Hooray ice cream!

No comments: