Monday, April 20, 2009

Things I have done

This weekend has not only been marked with amazing weather and awesome lenticular (which blogger does not recognize as a real word and gives me "testicular" as the first option) clouds on Rainer, but it has also seen an uptick in productivity on my part. I went to see Mates of State at Neumos on Friday evening, along with a bit of "my birthday was last week but I was bike racing and didn't do anything" celebration at Big Time beforehand.
Then the biking began. As I was not at Walla Walla, I had to amuse myself here. After a late start on Saturday, I did just shy of 40 miles, then I went out Sunday to do May Valley in AMAZING weather for about 60 miles. That's the most I've done in one weekend in a really long time. Maybe I will be able to survive Vance Creek this coming weekend.
And then there was the knitting: I actually started the Central Park Hoodie, which I have been thinking about for ages. It should be pretty awesome, and it's coming along nicely, though I really have only finished one pattern repeat on the back.
And I also learned more than I ever wanted to know about supercooling in overdeepenings of glaciers. Oh, science, you can be excruciating sometimes.

No comments: