It seems like people just aren't into blogging as much. Maybe it's time, life, lack of interest in a self-serving public display of journal-writing. Well, never fear, for I am still sporadically updating, weekly-ish. And, of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with procrastination on the papers I'm writing. Obviously!
A few brief recommendations:
Toe-up socks with big yarn: I have discovered that socks are fun to make toe-up with yarn that uses about a size 4 needle. Perfect! I'm making my mom a pair of super-simple socks, and it's way faster than using size 2 needles. Also, the toe-up is exciting because you get to do all the stuff you need in the first part of the sock, then it's just a few inches of whatever pattern you choose for the ankle. And, it's way easier to try on. Maybe I am beginning to understand why people like making socks. Of course, I have to finish 2, so I might hate them again when I work on that.
The book Storm World by Chris Mooney: The author of the Republican War on Science comes back with an analysis of the process (scientific and political) around the possibly ties of global warming to hurricanes. One of my advisors recommended this to me, and I finally finished it and can't speak highly enough of it. The analysis was great, and I love the focus on the science with everything that surrounds it. I've seen Chris Mooney speak, and it's really good to see a scientifically-competent journalist trying to get actual science out to the public.
And that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have some really exciting bike race reports after this weekend.
Happy Birthday Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment