Monday, November 16, 2009

2 entries in 1 week!

And here’s a rundown of the weekend:
I got up way too early for a Saturday to meet some friends at the Glitter Sale at Goodwill.  We waited in line for almost two hours (thankfully, only one hour outside)!  And I ended up with a floofy dress and worries about my car being towed (which did not happen).  I think I spent most of the rest of the day knitting, napping, and sitting around the house before venturing out one more time for Taste of India.
I did my first bike race in a while on Sunday.  It was pure cross weather: (too) cold and super wet and muddy.  I did not have a wonderful time with the race, but it was a great course and conveniently located at Woodland Park, which is about a 5-minute bike ride due west from my house.  As expected, my fitness is worse than it’s been in a long, long time, but at least I’m not getting sick anymore.  It’s pretty clear that any ideas about upgrading are gone, which is sad considering that I was going really well at the beginning of the season. 
One random rant: This weekend was so incredibly grey.  I had high hopes for Saturday; I almost pulled out my sunglasses. But it ended up that really dull, flat grey that just destroys any contrast.  And since most of the leaves have fallen, there is no hope for real color color until spring. 

No comments: