I can't sleep tonight, so instead I play around on the computer. I did write 2 paragraphs (well, kindof paragraphs), so maybe it's like working.
We're going down to Portland for thanksgiving, which should be fun. I will also actually race this coming Sunday. I looked at my list of goals for the fall, and basically none of the bike racing goals were met at all. At least I passed the stupid general and will hopefully have a PhD by Jan 2011. I keep telling myself this, but I still feel bad about not racing, though I know this kind of stuff (i.e. life) happens to everyone. I am also worried that I might have a stress fracture in my foot. It really hurts to walk (right on the bottom of my right heel). It's probably just a bruise, but I can be overly paranoid at 1am early Wednesday morning. Damn it hurts though.
Currently, I've got a cat staring at me with glowing eyes from the top of the stairs. We are cat-sitting for our landlords, as they're out of town. It makes me really want a cat, which I actually just cleared as an actual possibility with the same landlords. I have it totally planned out: go to shelter, get 2-4 year old cat and cat accessories (necessities not bow ties or anything like that), give it some ridiculous name like Sergeant von Shmooshyface of the 5th Feline Brigade but call it by whatever name it came with. This might be pathetic. Whatever.
And maybe I'll try sleeping again now. We'll see how that works.
1 comment:
Hey Rachel,
Super Jock N Jill has free med clinics where a doc can evaluate your foot to see if it's plantar fasciitis or a stress fracture. Worth a stop in if you have the time: http://superjocknjill.com/index.php/medical-clinics
Hope it heals up fast!
Danielle
Post a Comment