happier. And it's also made road biking so much more tolerable. I
think I did a 50-ish mile ride on Sunday, which I never do at this time
of year. And it wasn't bad. I actually started with my team but got
worried about making the whole distance to Snohomish (~60 miles), so I
turned back somewhere between mile 18-20. Then I realized that I felt
fine, so I went and did Juanita up and over to the beach-y park on the
other side and then back. Maps tell me that the addition adds about 10
miles round trip. Anyway, it was good. But this weekend I'm planning
on going cross country skiing and mountain biking, which should be
great. I'm trying to focus on having fun with biking this year because
it just made me miserable last year. I'm super-psyched about the crits,
but I want to make sure that I don't get to the point where I hate
road. At least when it ceases to be fun, I can mountain bike, which
still uses and helps my fitness.
More on biking: I'm making plans on getting disc brakes for my mountain
bike. I never felt like I needed them on the East Coast, but the mud
here can get so sticky and sloppy that rim brakes just don't cut out.
The biggest expense will be getting the new wheels, I think. I still
haven't figured this out exactly, but it should happen sometime in the
next month.
Oh, and there might be something else awesome happening this weekend,
but I won't share anymore here.
No comments:
Post a Comment