Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sunriver

This past weekend, a huge group of friends and I went down to Sunriver, OR and rented a house. Sunriver is basically a town composed entirely of vacation rivers, about 20 minutes south of Bend, OR. I'd never been to this part of Oregon before, and I'm always surprised how desert-y the Eastern parts of WA and OR are.
Unfortunately, I spent most of the long-weekend (Thursday night, Friday, Sat., Sunday) losing my voice and had developed a sinus infection by Sunday. But I still went hiking, saw a short lava tube and lots of snow, and went mountain biking for a very short increment of time. The biking was fantastic; I went to an area just north of the Deschutes River with a lot of trails, starting at Phil's Trailhead. It was immensely fun, though I definitely didn't get enough time in because I didn't want to over-exert and make myself more sick (apparently that didn't help). It was really fun to hang out with everyone in a non-UW/U-District related context, but I realized that I absolutely hate not being able to talk. I'm not sure when in my life I became such a talker, but losing my voice was dreadful.
Anyway, here are a couple shots from the weekend. I'm not very good about taking pictures on things like these, so this is basically all that I've got.
Mountain biking in Bend:







Hiking and some lava (Deschutes River Trail, I think):





No comments: