Friday, October 8, 2010

Top Music

KEXP is doing a big countdown of the "top artists of all time" as voted by listeners during their current pledge drive. Some things are surprisingly to me or I just downright disagree with but whatever. They're currently at number 12 (Bob Marley), and I bet the top five will include Bob Dylan and the Beatles, with Nirvana being number 1 (Nirvana always seems to be number 1 on their rankings). On my work computer's iTunes, I decided to see who the top artists are as ranked by number of plays (per individual song) for me. This iTunes goes back to 2006, so I guess it's more like my favorite artists over the past 4-5 years.

1 TV On The Radio
2 Scissor Sisters
3 Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
4 Q And Not U
5 The Mountain Goats
6 Mates Of State
7 Bright Eyes
8 Weezer
9 Gorillaz
10 Lucero
11 M. Ward
12 Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
13 Tuscadero
14 Neko Case
15 Crooked Fingers
16 Death Cab For Cutie
17 The Roots
18 Sufjan Stevens
19 Billy Bragg & Wilco
20 Social Distortion
21 Cloud Cult
22 Blue Scholars
23 The Go! Team
24 Barenaked Ladies
25 Iron & Wine

Huh, that's surprising too; I wouldn't call Scissor Sisters my 2nd favorite band, though I obviously like them. I did skip duplicates, though that should really move the artist up in the ranking. I guess it would be better to do number of plays per artist total instead of per song.

No comments: