Sunday, February 13, 2011

Post-doc-age

As of a couple hours ago, I have now officially applied to post-docs in
Arizona
Tubingen (Germany)
Austin (two different post-docs, in fact)
Iowa

I also tossed my CV in the ring to a couple national labs. If I don't hear from other places, I'm probably going to help write a proposal to get funding at a non-government/university lab in Berkeley, which would be tremendously awesome.

As of now, I have not heard back from Arizona which means I didn't make the short list (as a friend did and has heard back). This is not to bothersome, as I'm not too excited about what I proposed to do, anyway. However, I have an INTERVIEW with the professor in Germany tomorrow. This is a bit terrifying. Being that I have been a college student for 10 years, I have never have a real job interview before. It's on Skype, though it would have been a bit more awesome if I would have been flown out to Germany.

I will eventually know where I'm going to live next year! This will really reduce stress, I hope.

No comments: