Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Take My Opinions and Make them your own (copied from MySpace Blog)

I've made lists of my current (as of this day and this minute) songs from 2006 because I am a nerd and also 2005 because I've never done this before. The only criteria were that they are my favorites, one song from any given band only (really hard to pin down for some), and I had to own the album. There were definitely plenty of other great/better music out there but this ended up in my collection. And to anyone in Seattle, it's blatantly obvious that I only listen to one radio station, ever.

2006 (order is alphabetical and I'm too lazy to put albums)
Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins (plus everyone else on the face of the Earth) – Handle With Care
Built to Spill – Goin' Against Your Mind (only song I have ever liked from them)
M. Ward – Requiem
Mates of State – Punchlines
Neko Case – John Saw That Number
The Roots – In The Music
Scissor Sisters – I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Silversun Pickups – Common Reactor
TV on the Radio – Wolf Like Me
Yeah Yeah Yeah – Gold Lion

2005
Bright Eyes – We Are Nowhere and It's Now
Crooked Fingers – Valerie
Death Cab For Cutie – Marching Bands of Manhattan (only because I Will Follow You Into the Dark makes me cry)
The Go! Team – The Power is One
Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc.
M.I.A. – URAQT (I'm not sure I understand this one either)
The Mountain Goats – This Year
Silversun Pickups – Kissing Families
Sufjan Stevens – The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades is Out to Get Us!

No comments: