Friday, March 9, 2007

Nothing much (from MySpace blog)

So, today I spent half of the day volunteering at the Science Center. It's the kick-off to the International Polar Year (IPY to those of us in the know), which is actually longer than a year and noone but polar scientists care about. Anyway, I got to explain glacier flow (using glorified silly putty) to everyone from parents to 4-year olds to surly teenagers! Mostly, the teeny kids just played with the silly putty. It's hard to make a 4-year old (or many people for that matter) understand "this silly putty is like ice" let alone things like "plastic rheology" or "viscosity."
I am also pleased to announce that heavy, heavy eyeliner is still in fashion for those on the "alternative" (or whatever the kids are calling it these days) side in middle school. Oh, for the days when I was miserable and my hair was just recieving its baptism in dying and bleaching... (guess I never grew out of that)

I'm still debating one or two bike races this weekend. I hate flat stuff, so I don't know about Sequim. Plus, you know, people on my team seem anti-carpool. I don't know what's up with that. I'm also trying to convince myself that I should do an individual time trial. I feel like it would be one of those (Calvin's dad-esque) character building events. And everyone needs more character.

No comments: