I'm currently attempting rather unsuccessfully to write an abstract for a conference presentation in December. It is going - how do you say - rather unsuccessfully. I really am horrible at writing abstracts, but my advisor is just as bad at making constructive criticism a positive thing, so I need something reasonable so I don't feel like a loser.
On another note, I finally broke down and bought my first album of 2007. I decided it wouldn't make us financially poor to buy some music. I chose Bright Eye's Cassadaga because I keep hearing stuff on KEXP that I love. This is the first Bright Eyes album I've ever actually purchased, instead of "borrowing" from someone else. Others on my list of what I won't actually buy anytime soon include M.I.A., Rilo Kiley, Blue Scholars, and Cloud Cult. If this continues, maybe I'll eventually see some music, too. It seems everything good has to overlap with other life events, i.e. Rilo Kiley is playing at the same time as a wedding party we're going to.
On the final note that must be hit, my upgrade on the road went through, so I'm officially a cat 3 on the road. I will give this new category a great start by promptly being dropped at the Blackberry crit, if how my legs feel right now is any indication. I'm actually a bit sad about this, as now I won't be able to make any big moves in a race for quite a while. It was nice to know I could chase down attacks and still have something for the end. I think if I hadn't upgraded, the entire cat 4 field would slaughter me, though. And soon (Monday) the cross transition wil commence.
Finally, I've been obsessively checking the news since I sit on my computer all day. And based on the news of the Idaho senator and the bathroom, I think I have a strange opinion. He got arrested for making subtle-ish signals that may or may not have been signs for wanting sex. And he got arrested! I really don't like these arrests; it seems bordering on entrapment. I mean, sex in a public restroom isn't really cool. And neither is being a conservative hypocrit who talks one way and then acts another behind everyone's collective back. But putting undercover cops in the bathroom! It's not as if he was forcing himself on the cop; there were just motions. Anyway, it's just one of those little things that infuriates me about this country. Now it will be some large scandal and distract from actually important things.
On a good note, the regime continues to crumble. Though I wish that resignations didn't seem to be such an abrupt end to any accountability, not that there was much to begin with.
Now maybe I can write about the exciting interactions between lithospheric dynamics and glacial erosion.
No comments:
Post a Comment