I wish the weather would begin to make sense this week. It's kind of cold and rainy now (50s), but it's supposed to be close to 90 during the weekend. The Wenatchee stage race this weekend will definitely be a shock to my system. And I won't get my weekly dose of track because of it!
So, I finally got back on the new recipe bandwagon this weekend. I made the spinach, mushroom, and feta risotto from the Moosewood New Classics cookbook. I can't remember the official name of the recipe, but you can probably guess what's in it from what I said. It turned out well, though I substituted a couple things: used frozen spinach instead of fresh because I am lazy and cheap and put in sun-dried tomatoes because they are awesome. Chris thought the feta-taste jarred with the risotto taste, but I thought it was a good mix. It doesn't reheat wonderfully, but I blame that more on my crappy office microwave. I don't know if I'll make this specific risotto again, but I like seeing what ingredients go into them, as I've probably only made 3-4 others. Certainly, risotto isn't really a quick meal, though they are much more time consuming than actually difficult, so it's not going to become a stand-by. Making these really makes me appreciate our Le Creuset (ceramic-coasted cast iron) French oven/over-sized pot. I've got another recipe that I want to try out: a black bean skillet dish from the same cookbook. I also plan on trying to make some flaxseed banana bread because apparently I'm eating like a hippie this week. Actually, banana bread would probably be great for the race.
And if you happen to live and/or vote in WV, remember to do that today.
No comments:
Post a Comment