Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Books

I am currently reading 3 books right now. I tend to do this when I'm reading, start and stop ones. I also do a similar thing with knitting. But of those 3, the first is a creepy sci-fi book that Chris recommended. It's pretty good, though I'm not as into the genre as he, but I just feel like the situation in the book is going downhill and getting kind of weird. It isn't light reading by any means. And the second is Tear Down the Mountain which I thought I would really like because my dad LOVED it. But I can't really get into it at all. I just can't relate to the characters. I plan on finishing it, if only to be able to discuss it with my dad. So on Sunday, I started the third, which is reread (or a re-re-read?) of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I feel the need to remember what's happening since the movie comes out really, really soon. And, now I only have 2 chapters left. I loves those books; I totally can't get enough of them and could probably read them a billion times and still be excited. But why can't I find any other reading material that I find that interesting?

1 comment:

Barbs said...

I totally feel the same way. Frequently I try to find books that capture the pure excitement I had with the HP books. If you ever find something similar let me know.