Good racing this past weekend. I had a fun track racing night, though all of my work ended up for no good results. I also was the second one pulled from the miss-n-out, which is always disappointing/embarrassing. Whatever. I raced down in Burien on Saturday, however, and ended up in 6th place! That's my best result this year, and it was also the most comfortable I've felt in a crit this season. Apparently, track helped me a bunch, I think. The race got somewhat disorganized with a couple laps to go because of a blown tire, but I was in the main sprint anyway, which was really cool.
I wasn't really on the ball this past July 4th, and I last minute invited people over for some grilled stuff (and salad to kill the CSA from the past week). We walked over to my department and hung out on the roof to watch the fireworks. It was a good location and avoided the HUGE crowds around Gas Works. But, while the fireworks weren't super-far and looked great, the noise wasn't as impressive closer. Apparently 30-40 other people had the same idea as us, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment