Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This week

I ran my first official 5k this weekend. It was fun; I think I might sign up for some more. I averaged about 8:30 per mile, which isn't super awesome, but is pretty good for a cyclist who ran a total of 5 times since Jan 1. 3000 people running and walking around Greenlake, even though we were on the streets, was pretty crazy, however. I'd love to get my time down to a 7 minute mile. I don't really know why this is a goal for me, as I don't want to do anything longer than a 5k. My runner office mate says it's possible. But he might have just been amusing me.
I did a ride on Sunday, pretty uneventful. It was also very nice to just have Monday to get some needed stuff done, without real worry about anything else. Neither Chris nor I are Valentine's people, so we didn't do anything specifically for that. I might buy some post-V-day candy, however. But I'll probably just get some Cadbury mini-eggs, as they're the only thing that really matters.
I just wanted to update something, but this is pretty inane. Maybe I'll finish the sweater I'm working on soon and put some pictures up. But for your amusement, here's a picture of Six sleeping on a pillow:
From Cat

No comments: