I finally have existent office mates! After having two finish up this
year, two new ones just came in. This is exciting, as this summer was
very lonely. In other school news, I feel like I've been banging my
head against my desk all week trying to figure some glacier-stuff out.
It's just really frustrating. I'm working with data from 1971 that has
lost a lot of its documentation, so I'm not exactly sure what some of it
is. And I'm also trying to do about 7 different things at one time
right now. I'm still deciding whether or not to take a class and what
this fall. I tried to talk to my fake advisor about it, as he's
teaching one of the prospective classes, but he didn't help me make a
decision. He did give me a list of pros and cons on both sides, which
really was what I was going with before.
Where I kind of tore my calf a bit has been acting up lately. This is
not a good sign at all, but it's only dull pain right now. It was
really sharp when it happened, so I'll just take the wait and see
approach. Injuries are so no good. But I do love to ignore them! In
fact, this weekend is Star-Crossed. I really hate this race, but of
course, being the masochist that I am, I signed up for it. Maybe I'll
magically do well, though two years of previous results are against me.
I'm also supposed to hear about a possibly track upgrade, but it hasn't
happened yet. One more day, and I start emailing people.
Three friends from back home will be visiting in October. I'm very
excited about this. It's much better to have people come here than to
have to travel a lot and visit them. But maybe I'm just lazy. Case in
point, we drove down to visit my sister-in-law who now lives in
middle-of-nowhere Oregon. It took a little less than 6 hours, but we
hit weird heavy traffic in various pockets around interstate
intersections but not cities. It was fun, but driving that much makes
me a little crazy. We're hoping that we can do Thanksgiving here. I
like having people over, and apparently it's really exciting to took
your own meat, though I wouldn't know at all. And non-Friday beers now
beckon.
No comments:
Post a Comment