I just realized that I've been in my department long enough to have seen people come and go. It's kind of depressing almost. One of my favorite and one of the most useful staff members just left the university for the private sector. While I completely understand, as he has the potential to make so much more money, it still is sad to see people leave. At least he actually came and told me he was leaving instead of leaving me to just discover he was gone one day.
In other academic news, this morning my advisor called me up to tell me that he was at the airport and will be gone all week. Yes, at 8:45 am, he called and was talking to me about my abstract submission that is due on Thursday. While I am glad that he at least told me he was leaving and would be gone, a rare occurence (the telling me, not the being gone), I do wonder whether his having my cell number is a good or bad thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment