Sunday, October 7, 2007

Rolling Along

One big accomplishment today: I somewhat mastered the art of riding the rollers.

I was eventually able to look at the wall, but any small movement of my head, arms, etc. would cause a large shudder on the front wheel. It took absolutely all of my concentration and hurt my arms and my abs so much more than my legs, that I had to do a dreary ride in the rain in order to feel like I actually got some work in. This after the terribly race yesterday (Crosstoberfest at St. Edwards park). I felt like I couldn't push the pedals over at all, and I got a huge bruise on my ankle from a botched re-mount. I'm not happy at all about it (it being the entire race), but there is next week.
Completely unrelated and for your viewing pleasure, my new computer versus my old: (It's almost ridiculous.)

So, supposedly some friends from back home are coming out and need a place to stay on Friday night, but it would be amazing if they contacted me. I have a bad feeling that they're not actually coming into Seattle anymore and are just being too passive to tell me. Either way, it's a bit frustrating because it determines how much we need to clean and also how much I can imbibe for Friday beers.

No comments: