Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to it

I'm finally back to a normal existence. I've been traveling a ton, and I haven't touched a bike in almost a month. This has been mostly good, though I did catch some illness over New Years that has been making my life miserable.
I went to Mt. Shasta with some of the siblings-in-law over the New Year. It was fun, minus the aforementioned sick feeling. I went snow snowing but had to pass on the cross country skiing due to major feelings of crappiness. The area was gorgeous; I've never spent that much time down there other than I-5 drives. It was quite a haul from Seattle, about 8 hours of driving there, but it was still a good experience.
Proof that I sometimes co-exist with snow sans glaciers:


I spent most of today using up those gift cards I got for Christmas. I also am working on an awesome hat for myself because I surely don't have enough knit hats. I need to branch out, but I just don't have the patience. As for other things, I'm back to the office tomorrow and back to training this weekend. The rides will be interesting, as most of my fitness is probably from playing the Wii right now. But I'll get back in it soon enough. A break was certainly a good thing for me.

No comments: