Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sometimes she's a mess to deal with

Leaving in a couple days for El Paso, Texas. I hope I can survive a long weekend in Texas as a vegetarian. Chicken broth and lard will likely have an appearance in many, many dishes I won't eat. I've been trying to remember important Spanish phrases, such as "yo soy vegetariana" and "Yo no como carne, cerdo, ni pollo." Oh, this will be fun.
And speaking of fun, we hosted a fondue and Guitar Hero night last night. I probably drank a full bottle of wine (6 of us went through 4 bottles, so I certainly did my part). My Swiss friend made the fondue from some very strong cheeses, and my house still smells like one of them. It was great, but I wasn't feeling to hot today. That plus rain and below 40F temperatures equaled an hour and a half on the trainer instead of a real ride. Hopefully, the weather will be better tomorrow.
For your viewing pleasure:

No comments: