Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Music, finally

In a decision that was firmly rooted in the spirit of our marriage, we decided to use $125-ish of our Christmas earnings purely for music. This was made easy with a iTunes gift card and other things like that, but we also made the exciting trip to Sonic Boom in Fremont. I finally got with the year 2007, with purchases of
Iron and Wine - The Sheperd's Dog
Cloud Cult - The Meaning of 8
The Weakerthans - Reunion Tour
Blue Scholars - Bayani
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
Chris got a bunch of his noise/neo-classical/whatever stuff (think along the lines of Godspeed and so on). The least esoteric thing he got was Sigur Ros. I also filled in a few holes with Gllian Welch - Soul Journeys and Boom Bap Project - Reprogram.
Obviously, I am still on my alt-country/folk-inspired and hip-hop kick. I'm really excited about all of this music. It's going to take me a while to get into all of them, but this is great.
Also, my advisor just sent an email out to myself and two of his other students (whose names start with A and M, respectively). Instead of writing out "Hey Rachel, blah, and blah", he just said, "Hey RAM." Wow.

No comments: