Graduate school, glaciers, bike racing, environmentalism, feminism, music, knitting, and other things
Saturday, February 23, 2008
And listen, about those bitter songs you sing? They're not helping anything.
FInally broke out and gave in to the mountains around us. We went skate skiing up at the Snoqualmie nordic center. It was a pretty reasonable price, considering we had to rent and took a class. It was fun, but I'm not really comfortable on skis, period, let alone super-narrow ones. I took a while to get used to the motions, as the most recent skiing I did was randonneur-ish on a glacier. It might become addictive, but I think I need some more experience. Oddly enough, this glaciologist isn't super excited about snow sports. A new, leg-intensive sport was also probably not the best idea for the day before my first race (time trial) of the year. But whatever, so it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment