The documentary that I'm in has been officially posted:
http://www.amnh.org/sciencebulletins/
Under "current stories" on the right side, scroll through to "Earth Feature: Moving Mountains." I'm featured (in sun-burnt glory) at about 7 minutes in, but the rest of it is interesting, also. There's also a related essay. This is what I do when I'm not biking, basically (and, yes, I am wearing a wool Surly jersey in the interview).
And just for some of the non-scientists, the whole tectonic-erosion interaction thing is actually fairly controversial. I think MIT, Berkeley, and UW are some of the big US players in the field, in fact, and there are certainly some schools that do not go along with it at all. It can get kind of contentious at conferences. Though, as opposed to what the AMNH site says, I don't really feel that tectonic-erosion interactions "challenge" plate tectonics. I think they fit within the paradigm of plate tectonics pretty easily. But whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment