Since I'm not riding for a bit, I've been able to devote some of my free time to my other addiction: knitting. I finally finished my Clapotis scarf. It's nice, but the pattern got really boring after a while. I'm not sure if I'm keeping it for myself or not, as I truthfully am just a little bit tired of it being around now.
I'm starting on Mosey in a heather blue and Couvercle in an orange-red. I bought the yarn recommended for it (Araucania Nature Cotton), and it's pretty awesome. I'm not sure how I feel about the color now, but yesterday when I bought it I had convinced myself that I don't need anymore green yarn. I'm hoping that these, especially Mosey, will be slightly more exciting to make than the Clapotis. At least I have to pay attention for the cables, can't do so much auto-pilot.
At the yarn store, I finally bought buttons that actually fit my Capitan hat so I could completely finish it. It's pretty awesome and also fairly cycling cap-esque. I love it, especially the brim, but it's way too warm for now, as it's merino Malabrigo.
No comments:
Post a Comment