Finally updating after a bit. I've got a wonderful cold going on now, which I blame entirely on the indirect contact I have with those germy high school students. My head is actually super-achey, but a big part of that is because I rammed it into the corner of a metal locker down at the IMA while I was changing. I was worried for a second that it would bleed and look awful, as head wounds like to bleed a lot. But no blood, just a large knot and some throbbing. Hurray! I also keep coughing but because I started a Pilates class last night, it really hurts my abs. Whine...
Despite today's dismal outlook, things have been okay. I had a great cross race (3rd place and pretty close to the leaders) on Sunday. I hope this Sunday goes as well. I made my awesome salad (spinach and greens, pears, candied walnuts, dried cranberries, and raspberry vinaigrette) for a friend's birthday on Monday, so I have a good lunch for most of this week. And I actually got the inversion scheme that I'm using to find the thickness of a glacier working for a super simple case (think big slab of ice)! This is very exciting to me and maybe 2 others in the world, but whatever.
Now, I have to prepare for Northwest Glaciology. I'm presenting a 10-15 minute talk, and I really don't have anything together yet. But it will happen and be fine, no problem. I still have a lot of time before I reach freak-out-mode, so we're good.
No comments:
Post a Comment