Graduate school, glaciers, bike racing, environmentalism, feminism, music, knitting, and other things
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Running (not biking, for real!)
I have no idea how this happened, but on my 30-ish minute run yesterday, I somehow got to my early-season, 10-12 minute spot in under 7 minutes. It's almost exactly a mile, so that's kind of neat. At about 20 minutes later, I was kind of regretting this initial (though not purposeful) burst of energy, and I got home averaging between 9-10 minutes a mile for 3 miles. I've never actually paid attention to time and distance together while running, so it's kind of cool to see the results. I do enjoy running, actually, especially when I've been doing it regularly (once a week) for a while. But I certainly have no interest in doing things like marathons. My short attention span (not to mention my physical body) has no interest in that, similar to my lack of interest in long road rides/races.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment