Thursday, June 25, 2009

Anniversary

Yesterday was Chris's and my 3rd wedding anniversary. We don't make a huge deal about it, but I like to at least go out to eat somewhere nice. We ended up at Carmelita, an upscale vegetarian restaurant. I always love these kind of restaurants because I can order ANYTHING off the menu without having to think. It must be what normal people feel like in regular restaurants! Ha. Anyway, I'd heard wonderful things about this place, and it definitely delivered. We got a leek and brie tart for an appetizer, and I got the asparagus risotto and Chris got the Farrotto dish. He felt it was lacking something "crunchy," but everything else was otherwise awesome. Wednesdays are half-price bottles of wine (we got the Syrah-Grenache blend), and I ended up having the tough burden of drinking about 2.5 glasses because Chris was driving (we had to pick up an amp he just bought beforehand and had that and his guitar with us). That was fun.
We ended up going to the new Fainting Goat gelato in Wallingford, afterward. The gelato was really good, but I think I'll probably stick with Molly Moon's in the future. All in all, it was a good evening with great food. I hope we have many, many more in the coming years.

No comments: