Monday, June 8, 2009

Ballard

Despite head-colds and work (not to mention my motivation) keeping me from biking a lot this past week, I race Ballard on Saturday. I had an AWESOME start, 3rd or 4th wheel through the first couple corners, then kind of feel to the back for most of the rest of the race. I freaked myself out (and probably those around me, too) a bit by clipping my pedal on the curb on an inside corner, but everything else was safe and fast. I actually moved around a bit (whoa!) toward the end and unsuccessfully tried to help with the lead-out on the last couple laps, but I never understand what people are yelling at me to do, so I was just confused and probably in the way. That should mean that I have a hard time actually hearing what people are saying in races, not the actual interpretation of said message which is normally something straight-forward like "GO!" or "MOVE!" I finished somewhere in the middle, but by my own standards, it was a good race: I could move around and never felt that the pace was going to drop me. Thanks goodness for 3/4 of WoW and lots of fast people being at Hood, though this race certainly wasn't slow by any means.

No comments: