Monday, July 7, 2008

I am a mindless child

Bad News:
had to miss July 4 keirin because of my legs. I'm shooting for FSA now.
somehow pulled something in my hip, then caused a lasting cramp in my foot yesterday. Why can't my legs just work properly?

Mixed News:
my advisor is back; unfortunately, I had hoped it would be in a couple weeks.
my sister-in-law had to go to the hospital for a worsening GI infection that wasn't well diagnosed in the past, but hopefully everything is getting straightened out with this current, better hospital.


Good News:
saw WALL-E: awesome, adorable movie with enough subversive aspects to please me. Everyone must see with movie!
watched fireworks from a houseboat. One more "Seattle" thing that I can mark off my list.
friends visiting while en route to Alaska, so we got to hang out a bunch and do some tourist-y things.
finally taking the climbing orientation class at the IMA. I've only been planning this for a couple years.
New haircut! This is very exciting. I finally broke down and decided it was worth it to spend a bit more money on a haircut than I have been. And, man, the difference in service was amazing. It was great to be able to say, "just do whatever you think looks good" and not have all sorts of conservative second-guessing and "are you sure it's okay, if I do this?"

No comments: