Friday, July 11, 2008

Something, something

My cell phone just got replaced with a shiny new one as the older one decided it wasn't going to have the speaker or microphone work unless you plugged in the hands-free set. This has been fun. I now have 1.3 megapixels of camera and a ton of other crap, including an MP3 player, memory slot, and the inexplicable FM radio.
I just took a climbing class at UW's climbing wall. It was pretty cool: the first day focused on safety and belaying, which I never believe I remember how to do but always realize I do; the second day focused on technique. I haven't climbed much, period, and I've never actually climbed routes in a gym. It was great to get some actual skills, like how you place your foot, position your leg, push off, hold your arms, etc. If I do get more into climbing, this should be helpful. Muscles I haven't used in forever are totally sore, though. And I get to do my first bike ride for quite a while tomorrow!

No comments: