Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer fun

Biking with out pain is amazing! I successfully raced track on Friday night (with an unexpected 2 lap solo break in the point-a-lap). The break burnt about all of my matches, so I was barely useful in the last two races, though I would say that I certainly helped my teammates out. Slowing down the pack is great when you're tired. I also did about an hour of madison practice on Saturday. I will hopefully be prepared for the FSA Grand Prix.


Photos are from Wheels in Focus. The short one is from the start of the break, while the tall one is after about 2 laps. Notice a difference?


After the madison practice, I returned home to find Chris making a cherry pie, potato bread, and pizza crust for dinner. I love when the kitchen smells like baking. The pie contained cherries from the U-District farmers' market. I also got some of the first blueberries of the season. I love living in a berry-rich state. I did get some non-berries, like broccoli and the cheapest organic Walla Walla (sweet) onions I've ever seen: $2.50 for a bundle of 3 huge ones. Summer is brilliant!

No comments: