Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't take my summer yet!

Been a bit since I updated, but nothing really worth noting has happened. I've been plugging away at my program for work, though it's going way, way slower than I hoped. I've also started training for cross with a coach, an actual training plan, and a future new bike. Chris starts teaching next Wednesday, and it's finally dawning on us (especially him) what exactly that entails.
Among other things that are annoying this week, I really am not ready to relinquish summer yet. For some reason, it's bothering me more this year than others. Maybe it's because of my stupid calf injury, so I couldn't totally exploit the good weather while it was here. I don't know. I have a feeling my annoyance at this is definitely not unique in the Seattle area, though.
Apparently, this is all that is going on in my life right now. After this weekend (last crit which I haven't decided whether I'm doing and first cross race which I am definitely doing), things will definitely get more exciting even though it will likely be the "holy shit, AGU abstracts are due soon, and now I actually have to pull my own weight around the house because everyone is working now" kind of exciting.

No comments: