Track racing was interesting last night. I dropped out of the first race because my calf hurt. My new training plan has me doing a 1.5 hour spin the night before a race, and I normally never, ever ride the day before a race, so I think my body was like, "what the hell!?" I felt really slow, and I should have lowered my gearing, but I didn't. Anyway, my calf hurt, I proceeded to change my saddle by lowering, though I raised it again with a total change of 0 in the end. My 2-lap sprint went awful, as I made the first jump and EVERYONE came around me before the end, but at least I tried, right? The last race, I knew I couldn't sprint with the fast people, but, damnit, I can chase down breaks, so I basically stayed at the front and controlled the pace. One of my teammates was off the front for the last half of the race, so we just chilled. I was kind of surprised people didn't come around me more, as I was just hanging out in the sprinter's lane, but whatever. It worked out good for my team, and we didn't let anyone else get off the front. During this race, my calf hurt for a bit, actually cramped up, then stopped hurting. I don't know what to do about this anymore, but I'm kind of in the "ignore it" phase, as it doesn't seem to be getting either worse or better. I'm going to be doing the crit tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. And then a cross race, with pretty cross-like (i.e. fall) weather.
And off the bike, I helped Chris set up this classroom all day yesterday. It's a huge room, and it's all his. We're actually real adults, I guess. Or at least he is. I've been a student for way too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment