I survived my gum graft. It was not exactly pleasant, but it definitely wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I just had the local anesthetic, and they covered my eyes to not see the sharp things they were moving in my mouth. They did a topical anesthetic before the big shots, which was much, much better than when I had teeth extracted when I was 11/12, and that dentist (the horrible sadist that he was, in my memory) just did the shots straight only with a little nitrous oxide. I've actually never had stitches before, but now I have some on the roof of my mouth and where they sutured the skin to my gum (pleasant, I know). On the plus side, I was given an excuse to have a milkshake, as I'm supposed to eat/drink cold things. And I learned that, apparently, hydrocodone does not seem to cause any "loopiness" or other "fun" effects in me that some people have talked about. It does do it's job of getting rid of the pain, though I'll probably be back to just ibuprofen tomorrow.

As I gave myself most of the day off, since I thought I'd be in more pain or just really out of it, I knitted a bunch. Last night I finished up
Couvercle, with the purpose of learning how to crochet. I had to redo it once, and I was just sitting on it for about a month, but it's done now. I hope I actually wear it, though I tend to just make hats for the fun of it.

I also finished
Mosey, by finishing the i-cord and pompoms. I maybe went a little over the top with the pompoms, as they're quite big. I have never made them before, so I didn't know how they would turn out. But I think they look great, and I absolutely love the back pattern (the rest of the pattern is some cool cables).
No comments:
Post a Comment