Okay, I've had a lot of people confront me on this, and I just wanted to comment. I am not watching the debate tonight. I am not denying that it will not be important and/or historic. I will undoubtedly read the transcript, as I can't not care that much. Here is my list of reason (valid or not):
1) I really am not good at getting information aurally, especially over a television. Yes, I do prefer reading the transcript, I swear. In terms of multiple intelligences, I am awful, awful, awful in the Verbal/Linguistic range.
2) I feel like all I'll get are talking points. I know this isn't necessarily the case, but I feel like it can certainly be true.
3) I'm a flaming liberal, and this isn't going to change how I vote at all.
4) I get really distracted and annoyed watching "serious" things on television. Commercials breaks and everything are just awful, and they really make me, um, nervous. Neurotic enough for you?
If you like debates and everything, have fun. I really can't handle them televised.
No comments:
Post a Comment