Monday, September 8, 2008

Number 6

The newest member of my bike corral:It's light, has no weird disc brake spacers, equipped with mostly Ultegra, and has a triangle that I can actually fit my arm properly through (my old Conquest Pro is a 44 not a 48). Hurray! Let's hope I can be fast enough to justify it. You know it's a high end bike, when it has white stuff (saddle, stem, handlebar tape) on it, not matter how much sense this doesn't make for a cross bike. I am definitely swapping out the Selle Italia saddle for my wonderful WTB Rocket V; riding home 10 blocks from the shop on the SI was just awful, let alone thinking of using it for a bike race. My Rocket V might make my coolness/white factor go down, but whatever.

1 comment:

fishdaddyo said...

You're in luck - you can get the rocket-v in red/white/black: http://www.wtb.com/products/saddles/racing/rocketv/

would look pretty sweet on the conquest team...

- ted