My research for this spring has been canceled, which annoys me a lot. It actually annoys me less than I had thought it would: when it started getting pushed back and back (from early March to eventually early May), I think I knew deep down it wouldn't happen. There were a lot of factors that led to this cancellation, many rooted in miscommunication. It was driving me crazy that I had no control over planning it; even though planning last years was an experience in frustration (a "learning experience" if you want to be euphenistic), at least I felt I had control. Supposedly, it might happen in the fall, but I'm not holding my breath.
At least it gives me some time to travel and write.
And now I'm currently stuck on a velocity-depth inversion problem that I've been working on for a couple weeks. Actually, I'm less stuck than I have been, but it's frustrating. I'm also hitting a block in trying to write up some of my work. And the people I want to talk to aren't here.
Oh, and apparently the weakest place to load stress on a Raleigh carbon frame are from the side on the rear triangle. We've sadly lost a frame from our stash, though at least there were no serious injuries.
What a positive week this is turning into!
No comments:
Post a Comment