Graduate school, glaciers, bike racing, environmentalism, feminism, music, knitting, and other things
Thursday, March 6, 2008
K3, m1, k1, turn work.
In non-cycling world, I started up Quant. After some initial frustrations that came from me not reading the pattern correctly ("pick up and p" not just "pick up"), it's off to a good start. I have no idea if I'll wear it, but I like learning an entrelac technique. I really want to make Clapotis next, but the yarn called for in the pattern is super-expensive ($30-$40 a skein with 4 needed). For what it's worth, it is hand-painted, 50% silk/50% wool, so the expense isn't really surprising. Anyway, I just need to find a good substitute with good colors, and hopefully that will start happening. I've become a total nerd, taking advantage of such internet forums as Ravelry and Craftster. But it's fun and helps me relax a bit, so what the hell.
Labels:
yarn lover
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment